Making a Claim for Loss or Damage
At myParcelDelivery.com we strive to provide the best service to our customers (as
do the couriers we use). However, in the unfortunate event of something going wrong
and a claim for a damaged or a lost parcel needs to be submitted, we would like
to make this process as quick, easy and painless as possible for our customers.
We have made some handy hints and tips to help you in making a claim…
Before you submit your claim there are a few things you will need to check.
- Check your item is covered under our compensation scheme. As stated during the booking
process, prohibited and restricted items are not covered under our compensation cover
policy. Please double check your item is eligible for compensation by reading our
Prohibited & Restricted Items list.
- Check that the timescale for submitting your claims has not been exceeded. We must receive your claim and all the documents within 7 working days of the scheduled delivery date. If the deadline for a claim has passed then unfortunately no claim will be accepted.
- Check that you have all the documents necessary for you claim to be submitted.
- The documents needed are for any type of claim are:
- A suitable proof of value - Website screenshots will not be accepted
- Additional documents are then needed depending on what
type of claim you are making:
- For a damage claim you will need:
- Proof of repair
- Photos of the damage
- Photos of the internal and external packaging that was used
- You will also need to ensure the item is available for collection should it need
to be investigated.
- For a claim for loss you will need:
- A proof of loss. This needs to be a signed letter from the receiver confirming they did not receive the parcel. It also must be dated.
If any documents are missing or not submitted within the deadlines the claim will
not be accepted.
Once you have checked the above you will need to complete our claim form on the
We do aim to have all claims completed within 4 weeks from receiving the claim and
we will keep you updated on the progress of your claim. A lost claim can only be
processed once the carrier has made extensive searches and deems the goods as lost.
This process can take up to 40 working days to be completed.
Please note that we can only process a claim up to the amount of compensation cover
purchased on your order. If no additional cover was purchased then the item will only be covered for the standard amount included on the service booked.